Health Care Professionals
A World Without Barriers’ Medics Team is composed of hard-working professionals coming together to volunteer and help orphans, widows and the poor around the globe. Our team is composed of healthcare professionals from all disciplines including; Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Optometry, Dental Nurses, Radiographers and non-healthcare professionals including; Admin staff, Translators and more.
The activities of the Medics Team are constantly expanding. Our current work is based in Karbala (South of Iraq) working in A World Without Barriers’ medical clinic with an equipped Dental clinic, Optometry assessment unit and multi-station Medical clinics.
All of our opportunities are suitable for professionals from all genders, communities, backgrounds, languages and people of all faiths/no-faiths, with at least two years’ experience post qualification with no professional restrictions (one year for Pharmacists and Optometrists). Doctors and Dentists will need to evidence that they have a valid professional indemnity certificate with adequate humanitarian cover for the dates of the trip in order to treat patients.
If you have a passion for volunteering and would like to give back to the wider community or have some free-time and want to use your specialist skills please send an email to [email protected].
To apply, please send the documents listed below to us via email:
- Your Passport (a clear colour scanned image of the main photo page).
- Your most-recent DBS/CRB which must be dated within the last 2 years of the upcoming trip date.
- Your certificate of professional registration OR, if you are UK Registered, your GMC/GDC/GOC/GPC registration number.
- A valid Certificate of Professional Indemnity including humanitarian cover (This applies to Doctors and Dentists only, and must be presented to WWB prior to the commencement of the trip to be allowed to treat patients).
In your email, please mention your professional experiences, reasons for volunteering and any previous aid work and which organisations you worked or volunteered in. You do not need to have previous voluntary experience only a desire to want to help.
NON-HEALTH CARE VOLUNTEERS
If you would like to volunteer as a general administrator, please email: [email protected]. In your email, please mention your professional experiences, reasons for volunteering and any previous aid work and which organisations you may have worked or volunteered in. You do not need to have previous voluntary experience only a desire to want to help.
Duties may involve:
- Create a queue system
- Triage of patients
- Filling questionnaire forms
- You will be trained to take blood pressure and temperature
- Maintain a list of all patients seen and by whom
- Manage follow up appointments
- Assist the Health Care Medical Professionals with their duties.
- Participate during fields trips by helping to distribute aid to the poor, needy, orphans, and destitute.
Our HCP Gallery
Here is a selection of photos from our Easter 2016 Medical Aid trip from our Clinic in Najaf, visiting the internally displaced communities in Haidariyya and orphans in Karbala